- "Ordinarily, Aargonar is an unimportant planet in and of itself."
Aargonar was an insignificant desert world with few population. The terrain was reminiscent of Tatooine for Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, with rock arches and stone spires dotting the once watery-planet. The planet had several moons, including Aargonar 3.
The world was located in space contested by the Galactic Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. During the war, Mina Bonteri's husband went to Aargonar to set up a base, but died there during a battle with the Republic's clone troopers. About a year after the First Battle of Geonosis, Aargonar was the site of a significant battle of the Clone Wars involving Jedi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi and Knights Bultar Swan, Anakin Skywalker and A'Sharad Hett. Despite Skywalker's heroic actions, the Republic forces were overwhelmed and forced to evacuate the planet.
Behind the scenes
Labyrinth of Evil misspells this planet as Aagonar.
- Star Wars: Republic: The Battle of Jabiim (Mentioned only)
- Republic 59 (First appearance)
- Republic 61 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides" (Mentioned only)
- CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 15:01:15 Edition (Mentioned only)
- Labyrinth of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith unabridged audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Rebellion Era Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic"—Star Wars Insider 84
- The New Essential Chronology
- "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- Star Wars Fandex Deluxe Edition
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded