- "Offworlders claimed there were few people, few things, truly born on the shadowy face of Socorro. To gaze upon the bizarre character of Abdi-Badawzi was to believe that no other planet was capable of producing such a rare sun."
Abdi-Badawzi was a black-skinned Twi'lek gangster boss based on Socorro. His base of operation was hidden in the Rym Mountains. He dealt primarily in arms and drug smuggling, and was one of the three founding members of the Ethra Brewery.
Abdi-Badawzi sported the impression of a kindly monarch who ruled his subjects with a firm iron grip. This meant that he doted on his lackeys and rewarded them when they accomplished their missions, but he tortured and murdered them if they failed him.
He employed a range of talented freighter pilots and presided over a small army of highly trained henchmen and mercenaries. Among his more notable employees were Kaine Paulsen, Elias Halbert, Tra'Parr'Sratt, Durmag, and Secles Uslopos.
- "Out of the Cradle"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2 (First appearance)
- "When the Domino Falls"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3 (Mentioned only)
- "A Bitter Winter"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5 (Mentioned only)
- Alliance Intelligence Reports
- Secrets of the Sisar Run
- Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy
- The Black Sands of Socorro
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Reader's Companion