Abednedo was a planet located on the Corellian Run in the galaxy's Colonies region that was the homeworld of the sentient Abednedo species, whose ancestors evolved underground and carved out tunnel-dens to create massive cathedrals housing tens of thousands of family units. The species eventually took to living on the planet's surface and constructed sprawling metropolises bristling with ornamental spires, flagpoles, and riotously coloured carvings. While these cities struck outlanders as chaotic, the Abednedos found them endless sources of amusement and interest.
In the aftermath of the Battle of Endor, the Galactic Empire occupied Abednedo due to its natives' New Republic sympathies and damaged the planet using a climate disruption array during Operation: Cinder, a contingency plan issued posthumously by Emperor Sheev Palpatine. Thirty years after the Battle of Endor, Brasmon Kee represented Abednedo in the New Republic Senate. Another Abednedo Ello Asty, a male Abednedo pilot who flew for the New Republic and later the Resistance, was from this world.
Behind the scenes
Abednedo was first mentioned in Shattered Empire 4, the fourth and final issue of Marvel Comics' Star Wars: Shattered Empire miniseries, which was written by Greg Rucka with art by Marco Checchetto and released in 2015.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Indirect mention only)
- Alphabet Squadron
- Alphabet Squadron audiobook
- Shattered Empire 4 (First mentioned)
- Shadow Fall (Mentioned only)
- Shadow Fall audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Victory's Price (Mentioned only)
- Victory's Price audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 17 (First appearance)
- Poe Dameron 18
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (First pictured)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition