Acceleration compensators, also known as inertial compensators or inertial dampeners were devices that manipulated gravity to compensate for the intense accelerations that starships underwent during high-speed maneuvers, thus preventing their occupants from being killed by excessive g-forces.
Inertial dampeners helped for a time to protect the remains of the Supremacy, the flagship of the First Order, following the Resistance vessel Raddus ramming into it coming out of hyperspace. Ultimately, however, the vessel was catastrophically damaged, forcing its abandonment.
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Snare
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold
- Tarkin (First identified as inertial compensator)
- Most Wanted
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Jedi
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Children from Tehar"
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections