Acceleration couches, also known as flight couches or g-couches were a type of furniture that were built into some starships and escape pods. They were made to help lessen the effects of gravity on the user when they were strapped into one. The freighter Moonglow-72 had an acceleration couch installed facing the airlock in its main cabin; however, the barkeeper and frequent passenger of the vessel Okadiah Garson preferred to sleep on shelving further back in the vessel, as it was quieter during flights. Nien Nunb's space yacht Mellcrawler had an acceleration couch that Lokmarcha and Kidi Aleri cuddled on during their trip to Yellow Moon.
- A New Dawn (First identified as Acceleration couch)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- "Blade Squadron: Kuat"—Star Wars Insider 168 (First identified as acceleration chair)
- Before the Awakening
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections (Picture only)