- "The main ingredients are cyanogen silicate, ardanium and accellerite, but don't worry—I'm already mixing the solution and we're all still alive."
- ―Archiban Frodrick Kimble
Accellerite was a chemical used in the creation of explosives. In the Battle of Corellia during the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, a group of Sith siphoned accellerite from one of the chemical plants in the Labor Valley region on the planet Corellia for use in their chemical bomb. Core bombs were a type of explosive that used accellerite and magnopium ferrocongregate as its main components, and the Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn was able to locate a core bomb aboard the luxury cruiser Aurorient Express in 38 BBY by scanning for traces of the two chemicals. Core bombs also saw use during the era of the Galactic Civil War between the Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance. However, accellerite also had medical applications, as the xenopathologist Archiban Frodrick Kimble used a combination of accellerite, ardanium, and cyanogen silicate as well as other compounds to cure a rare flesh-eating disease between 3643 BBY and 3640 BBY.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Accellerite was first mentioned in second issue of the 2002 comics Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: The Aurorient Express, and it received further mentions in the 2011 video game Star Wars: The Old Republic and the card "Core Bomb" in the Champions of the Force expansion of the Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: The Aurorient Express 2 (First mentioned)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: The Aurorient Express 2
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Doc: "Looking for a Cure"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Death Cloud" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Core Bomb)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Act II of Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place in between 3643 BBY and 3640 BBY per the reasoning here.