The Accipiptero was a flying predator native to the jungles of the planet Dagobah. As the largest reptavian on the planet, its size meant that the accipiptero was only able to fly freely in the upper levels of the jungle, where they preyed upon other canopy-dwellers, such as greater bogwings and jubba-birds. Using the wicked hook on their lower jaws to snare prey, accipipteros used their small hands on their winfs to maneuver captured creatures into their mouths. These creatures rarely ventured to lower levels, and had to stay relatively close to their nests to protect them from creatures who would prey on their young. Ironically the same creatures the accipiptero preyed upon, preyed upon the accipiptero in turn.
- Star Wars 41: The Empire Strikes Back: Imperial Pursuit (First appearance)
- Star Wars Adventures: Luke Skywalker and the Treasure of the Dragonsnakes
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition (Picture only)
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 91 (DAG11, Dagobah - Animals)
- Nexus of Power