Accudrop Stun Gas was a type of knockout gas that caused effects ranging from slowed reactions to unconsciousness in many different species when inhaled. The gas was sometimes utilized as a payload in Locris Syndicated Securities Type 12-B Hollow-Tip Rockets, a type of rocket ammunition in use before the year 0 ABY and into the time of the New Republic. At some point during his career, the Mandalorian bounty hunter Boba Fett made use of the rockets containing Accudrop Stun Gas in his MM9 rocket system.
Upon inhalation, Accudrop Stun Gas could cause effects ranging from slowed reaction times to unconsciousness in a variety of species. When released into the air, the gas dissipated quickly, a process that took only several seconds for the amount contained in a Locris Syndicated Securities Type 12-B Hollow-Tip Rocket, which was also identified as a Type-12B capsule.
At some point before the year 0 ABY, Accudrop Stun Gas was one payload utilized in Locris Syndicated Securities Type 12-B Hollow-Tip Rockets, which saw use into the time of the New Republic. The rockets were a type of ammunition used in the MM9 rocket system, a Kelvarek Consolidated Arms wrist rocket launcher, and the Model RDP-12 Rocket Launcher produced by Locris Syndicates. Designed to incapacitate or slow down a group of targets, the rockets filled with Accudrop Stun Gas were capable of spreading a cloud of the gas over a two-meter radius when they released their payload.
Adding Accudrop Stun Gas to one of the rockets increased the price to 400 credits as opposed to the 200-credit price of the empty rockets. While the rockets filled with Accudrop Stun Gas were quite common, the sale and ownership of the rockets were restricted to those with the appropriate license and government approval. The Mandalorian bounty hunter Boba Fett utilized the rockets that contained Accudrop Stun Gas in his MM9 rocket system at some point during his career, which started during the Clone Wars and continued into the time of the Galactic Alliance over six decades later.
Behind the scenesEdit
A type of stun gas was mentioned as part of the MM9 rocket system entry in The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology, a 1997 reference book written by Bill Smith. The stun gas was described as the payload for a rocket in a list of rockets utilized by Boba Fett. In 2002, Arms & Equipment Guide, a sourcebook written by Jeff Grubb and Owen K.C. Stephens for the revised edition of Wizards of the Coast's Star Wars Roleplaying Game, included a side bar for the MM9 rocket system that included the ammunition mentioned in The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology with names for each ammunition type. In this section, the stun gas received the name Accudrop Stun Gas and was identified as a payload for Locris Syndicated Securities Type 12-B Hollow Tip Rockets. However, the book did not specify whether Locris Syndicated Securities created the stun gas or if it was produced by another company and added to the rockets. In 1998, Bill Smith's Boba Fett's Armor: An Essential Guide to a Walking Weapon in the Star Wars: Boba Fett magazine referred to the rockets as Type-12B Stun Rockets but did not explicitly mention the stun gas.
From the information given in Arms and Equipment Guide, the only era when Accudrop Stun Gas was confirmed to be in use was the Rise of the Empire era, which is the only era listed for the MM9 rocket system. However, while Accudrop Stun Gas was not seen, Boba Fett carried the MM9 rocket system during the Rise of the Empire era, Rebellion era, New Republic era, New Jedi Order era, and Legacy era. Also, the rockets that used the gas as a payload were confirmed to be used in the Rebellion era by Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters, with Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear also confirming their use during New Republic era. Neither Gundark's Fantastic Technology nor Galaxy Guide 10 included Accudrop Stun Gas as a payload for the rockets.
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- Arms & Equipment Guide (First identified as Accudrop Stun Gas)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Arms & Equipment Guide states that Accudrop Stun Gas is used in Locris Syndicated Securities Type 12-B Hollow-Tip Rockets, which are used in the MM9 rocket system, and that the MM9 rocket system is used in the Rise of the Empire era.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 Arms & Equipment Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Arms & Equipment Guide lists a Type 12-B Hollow-Tip Rocket with the gas for 400 credits and an empty rocket for 200 credits.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology states that Boba Fett's MM9 rocket system made use of a number of rockets with descriptions that correspond exactly to those listed for the MM9 rocket system in Arms & Equipment Guide. Therefore, this article asserts that the stun gas contained in Fett's rockets is Accudrop Stun Gas.
- ↑ Boba Fett's career as a bounty hunter spans from at least 22 BBY, according to the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Bounty," to at least 44 ABY, according to Fate of the Jedi: Ascension and The Essential Reader's Companion.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- ↑ Boba Fett's Armor: An Essential Guide to a Walking Weapon
- ↑ Based on the appearance of the MM9 rocket system in The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology, the MM9 rocket system is shown in Boba Fett's possession on the cover of Boba Fett: Pursuit, in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, in Boba Fett: Murder Most Foul, in "Revenants", and on the back cover of Fate of the Jedi: Ascension. These sources occur during the Rise of the Empire era, Rebellion era, New Republic era, New Jedi Order era, and Legacy era, respectively.