During the Clone Wars, it became one of many Separatist-held planets. Jedi Master Garen Muln led the Grand Army of the Republic against the Droid Army of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, which had held the planet. Master Muln managed to work with the Separatists in negotiating a treaty near the end of the war, ending one of the last battles of the conflict. However, Order 66 was soon thereafter initiated, resulting in Master Muln's retreat with the help of former Confederacy operatives. When the Galactic Empire was formed, the Separatists on Acherin decided to resist, fighting from their base of the ancient city of Eluthan.
Several months following the rise of the Empire, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, along with Ferus Olin and Trever Flume, landed on Acherin, trying to escape from the bounty hunter Boba Fett. They encountered the leaders of the resistance, Raina Quill and Toma, and helped them flee the planet when Imperial forces, under Admiral Riwwel, began an orbital bombardment of Eluthan. Fleeing to an asteroid in nearby space, Olin established a base for those fleeing the Empire. While a small colony formed on the asteroid, the Empire found the retreat and destroyed it with a superlaser.
- The Last of the Jedi: Dark Warning (First appearance)
- The Last of the Jedi: Underworld (Mentioned only)
- The Last of the Jedi: Return of the Dark Side (Mentioned only)
- The Last of the Jedi: Secret Weapon (Mentioned only)
- The Last of the Jedi: Against the Empire
- The Last of the Jedi: Master of Deception (Mentioned only)
- The Last of the Jedi: Reckoning (Mentioned only)