It had a trapezoidal shape and was roughly 100 meters in length. Internally, its holds could be adapted to various pressures and climates with individual configurations.
The Action IV had two levels. The lower level had the bridge and living quarters for the crew. There were two escape pods on this level. The cargo bay spanned both levels, with the upper level having a smaller forward cargo bay. A conduit ran fore to aft, which allowed the crew access to the engineering area in the rear of the ship if the main hold was full or depressurized.
Even though each ship was sold without any weaponry or defensive shields built in, plenty of after-market systems could be added to the Action IV.
- Twi'light Storm (Mentioned only)
- The Core of Corruption
- "The Ando Project" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 11
- "Special Ops: Ship Jackers" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 13 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- Heir to the Empire (First mentioned)
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- "Smuggler's Log" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- Platt's Starport Guide
- The DarkStryder Campaign
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Pirates & Privateers
- The Far Orbit Project
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Starships of the Galaxy
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Galaxy at War
- The Essential Guide to Warfare