- "Hyperspace tracking is new tech, but the principle must be the same as any active tracker."
- ―Rose Tico
An active tracker was a form of technology used to track starships. By the First Order-Resistance War the First Order had created the Hyperspace tracker. This allowed them to track enemy vessels through hyperspace, which had been impossible before. All active trackers were A-class processes, so they had their own dedicated outbreakers and were controlled by a starship's bridge.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition audiobook
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel audiobook
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 2
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 4