At some point before 32 BBY, a lightsaber was constructed and was used by Jedi Master Adi Gallia, a member of the Jedi Order. Powered by a kyber crystal, it was destroyed during a mission by 32 BBY. Afterward, Gallia began using a new lightsaber.
Behind the scenes
The lightsaber was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in the reference book Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition, published in 2018 and written by Pablo Hidalgo and David West Reynolds. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the lightsaber was first mentioned in the reference book Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary, published in 1999 and also written by Reynolds. It then made its first appearance in the 41st issue of the Star Wars: Republic comic-book series, written by John Ostrander, illustrated by Davidé Fabbri and Guy Major, and published by Dark Horse Comics on May 8, 2002.
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition establishes that Adi Gallia owned a lightsaber that was destroyed prior to the events of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the film to 32 BBY, the lightsaber must have been created before 32 BBY, and it was destroyed by that year.
- Jedi lightsabers — Based on corresponding details applicable to all
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars (1998) 41