- "[Andov] Syn is best known for an incident on the planet Adim. A mining colony beset by pirates had hired six mercenaries to protect them. The pirates, in turn, hired Syn, who singlehandedly eliminated all of the town's guardians."
- ―Airen Cracken, Wanted by Cracken
At some point by 7 ABY, in response to attacks by a group of pirates, the mining colony hired six mercenaries for protection. The pirates, however, hired the Kerestian bounty hunter Andov Syn, who proceeded to singlehandedly wipe out the mercenaries. The incident on Adim eventually cemented Syn's reputation as a deadly bounty hunter. The New Republic General Airen Cracken subsequently noted the incident on Adim in Wanted by Cracken, a datafile that served as a compilation of reports on various threats to the New Republic.
Behind the scenes
Adim was first mentioned in the 1993 sourcebook Wanted by Cracken, written by Louis J. Prosperi for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Adim system, and therefore the planet Adim, in grid square M-9.
Notes and references
- Adim system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Adim system
- Wanted by Cracken
- Wanted by Cracken is dated to three years after the Battle of Endor. Since The New Essential Chronology dates that conflict to 4 ABY, the placement of the sourcebook therefore translates to 7 ABY.