- "Lord Vader…this is Captain Kronn of the Star Destroyer Adjudicator. Sir, I regret to inform you that…that the rebel ship has eluded the blockade. It appears that they—HGGGHK…GGGHKK…ARRRRRGGGHHHKKK…"
- ―Captain Kronn is Force choked by Darth Vader
The Adjudicator was an Imperial II-class Star Destroyer that served in the Imperial Navy during the Galactic Civil War. Under the command of Captain Kronn, it was positioned in orbit over Cymoon 1 along with two other Star Destroyers. After the Alliance to Restore the Republic destroyed the moon's Weapons Factory Alpha facility, the Adjudicator's blockade failed to prevent the rebels from fleeing the moon in the Millennium Falcon, causing the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader to Force choke Kronn.
Description[edit | edit source]
An Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, the Adjudicator measured 1,600 meters long. Additionally, the Star Destroyer was equipped with sublight engines, a hangar bay, a communications tower, and two deflector shield generator domes.
History[edit | edit source]
- "Chewie, we're out of time! Those Star Destroyers are about to blast us out of the sky!"
- ―Princess Leia, warning of the Millennium Falcon approaching the Adjudicator's blockade
During the Galactic Civil War, the Adjudicator was part of the Imperial Navy and under the command of Captain Kronn. Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, the Star Destroyer was stationed in orbit above the moon Cymoon 1, which featured the Galactic Empire's expansive Weapons Factory Alpha. At that time, the factory was attacked and destroyed by the Alliance to Restore the Republic, which hoped to overthrow the Empire. After destroying the factory, the rebels, including Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia Organa, and Han Solo, were pursued by the Imperial enforcer and Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader.
Fleeing in their freighter, the Millennium Falcon, the rebels were intercepted over Cymoon 1 by a blockade formed by the Adjudicator and two other Imperial-class Star Destroyers. However, the Star Destroyers were unable to stop the rebel ship from escaping into hyperspace. Kronn then contacted Vader on the moon below to report the failure, which led the Sith Lord to telekinetically choke the Imperial officer.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the Adjudicator, later renamed the Liberator, was an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer. It was first mentioned in the 1991 comic Dark Empire 1, written by Tom Veitch, and first appeared in the 1993 vignette "Down And Out On Coruscant," written by Michael Allen Horne for the Dark Empire Sourcebook.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars 3 (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars 3
- Star Wars 3 establishes that the Adjudicator is an Imperial-class Star Destroyer, which measures 1,600 meters in length according to .
- Star Wars 3 depicts the Adjudicator with what identifies as deflector shield generator domes and a communications tower.
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Dark Empire 1