Adriana was a gas giant planet that was located within the Tatoo system of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories region. The planet was orbited by several rings consisting of ice. That ice was often mined and transported to the nearby desert world of Tatooine, for which it was the most important source of water. Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, the Human Garouf Lafoe was importing ice from Adriana's rings and selling it to Tatooine's inhabitants.
Adriana was a gas giant–type planet that was located within the Tatoo system of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories region. A part of the Arkanis sector, which was located in the regions known as the Spice Triangle and the Slice, Adriana lay on the crossroads of the Old Corellian Run and the Triellus Trade Route hyperlanes. The Old Corellian Run connected the planet to the Utaruun and Obana systems, while the Triellus Trade Route linked Adriana to the Andooweel and Ooo-temiuk systems. A smaller hyperspace route known as The Crystal Passage linked the gas giant to the Geonosis system.
Adriana occupied the third and outermost orbit around the binary star pair of Tatoo I and Tatoo II. Four lifeless moons circled the gas giant itself. Adriana was also orbited by several rings composed of ice.
Adriana's rings were often mined for ice, chunks of which were transported to the desert planet of Tatooine—the innermost world of the Tatoo system. The ice was subsequently sold to Tatooine's inhabitants as the planet's main source of water.
Behind the scenesEdit
Adriana was introduced in Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley, a West End Games Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game supplement book that was authored by Martin Wixted and published in 1993. The planet was first illustrated in a schematic of the Tatoo system for The Holonet feature of the official website for Star Wars: The Old Republic, a 2011 massively multiplayer online roleplaying game developed by BioWare. Since its establishment in 2008, The Old Republic's website has gone through a number of changes, resulting in the removal of some of the features and images that were originally located there, including the aforementioned schematic. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Tatoo system, and therefore Adriana, in grid square R-16.
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Technical Journal of the Planet Tatooine
- Star Wars Technical Journal
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Garouf Lafoe)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I (Indirect mention only)
- Secrets of Tatooine
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 16 (HUN7, The Hunt for the Droids) (as Adiana)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Indirect mention only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- (First pictured) (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Secrets of Tatooine
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Garouf Lafoe)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 12 ("Adriana")
- ↑ According to Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Garouf Lafoe), Garouf Lafoe worked as a free-trader during the early events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which The New Essential Chronology dates to the year 0 BBY.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic