Advanced Recon Force troopers, also referred to as ARF troopers, or as AT-RT drivers, were clone troopers who wore lighter armor for stealth and speed and often rode All Terrain Recon Transports into battle. They were more intelligent and better trained in survival skills in comparison to other clones.
In the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems and following the kidnapping of Jabba the Hutt's infant, Rotta, two ARF troopers followed several of Jabba's bounty hunters to a B'omarr Order Monastery on Teth. The ARF trooper lieutenant informed Jedi General Mace Windu of this. They awaited the arrival of Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and informed him that at least two battalions of battle droids were guarding the monastery against an attack.
Several ARF troopers were stationed at Tipoca City's Military Complex. During the Ryloth campaign, several ARF troopers served fought under General Mace Windu and Clone Commander "Ponds" in Lightning Squadron. The ARF troopers and their AT-RTs were able to take out several detachments of Emir Wat Tambor's occupation forces en route to Lessu. Windu then took two ARF troopers, "Stak" and "Razor" to find the Resistance fighters under General Cham Syndulla. Windu and the two ARF troopers were able find them and were taken to their hideout. Windu then had Commander Ponds and General Syndulla prepare their men for their assault on Lessu. After Windu, Stak, and Razor were able to take control of the Plasma bridge, Commander Ponds' ARF troopers took their AT-RTs into Lessu alongside Syndulla's Blurrg riders.
Several ARF troopers fought under General Obi-Wan Kenobi during the Second Battle of Geonosis. During Separatist General Grievous' attack on Tipoca City, an ARC trooper and a pair of ARF troopers used a rocket launcher to destroy the last of the Trident-assault ships. Many of these troopers belonged to Rancor Battalion, and had distinctive red markings on their clone trooper armor, while ARF troopers who served in the 501st Legion had blue markings. Several ARF troopers under Commander Trauma, General Halsey, and his Padawan Knox were stationed at the Temple of Eedit on Devaron. The temple then came under attack by battle droids. Trauma and his ARF troopers were able to hold off the droids, but they came under attack by Count Dooku's new apprentice, Savage Opress.
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Rogue One: AT-ACT Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- (First identified as Advanced Recon Force trooper)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Monster"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets"