The Advanced X-wing was developed by engineers who, because of their allegiance to the Rebel Alliance, were forced to adopt a "develop more with less" policy, demonstrating the engineers' innovation. Likewise, because of this policy, the Rebel engineers often concentrated on making minute but consequential changes to their fighters.
The Advanced X-wing's development was owed largely to the success of the Heavy '95, a heavy variant of the Z-95 Headhunter, as the engineers realized that wider bodies were good improvements to various concerns of starship performance. In large part because of this, the Advanced X-wing was supplied with similar modifications to its hull as the Heavy '95 before finalizing the latter fighter design. The improved heat handling and increased mass capacity made the Advanced X-wing a better choice for X-wing pilots.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First appearance) (as Advanced X-wing)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns (as Advanced X-wing)
- Star Wars Galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees (as Advanced X-wing Fighter & Heavy X-wing Starfighter)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide (as Heavy X-wing)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide (as Heavy X-wing)
- (as Advanced X-Wing)
Notes and references