- "Keiran Halcyon was a famed Corellian Jedi. He successfully put an end to the Selonian Afarathu sect and its marauding within the Corellian system."
- ―Bodo Baas
- "A group of extremists calling themselves the Afarathu have made a pact with the Tribunals. Many of us know that this will soon make the Afarathu cocky, and soon they will begin raiding everyone with their stolen weapons."
- ―A Selonian diplomat, to a spacer
The Selonians of the Afarathu terrorist sect marauded the Corellian system four centuries before the Battle of Yavin. Their objective was to drive the Dralls and the Humans from the worlds of the Corellian system because they considered them to be their home worlds. The sect was finally destroyed by the Corellian Jedi Keiran Halcyon, in 380 BBY.
However, despite their destruction, the Afarathu cult rose from the ashes prior to the Galactic Civil War and was particularly active on Corellia after the Battle of Yavin. Circa 1 ABY, a Selonian diplomat traveled to the Corellian city of Doaba Guerfel in order to recruit a spacer to fight the Afarathu extremists at their cave nearby. Around the same time, some Afarathu clashed with Rebel Alliance forces on Corellia.
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
Notes and references
- I, Jedi
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 13 ("Afarathu")
- The New Essential Chronology, p. 30
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Point of Interest: "Afarathu Cave" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Herald NPC: "Selonian Diplomat" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Corellian Corvette Pre-Quest: "Lt. Velso"