- "Chronologically, I should start with the moment I was activated... centuries ago... on the planet Affa—"
The area around Affa was explored by the Galactic Republic. Affa was host to a Cybot Galactica manufacturing plant, one which produced many components which would be used in the construction of the protocol droid C-3PO, almost a century before his activation on Tatooine.
Behind the scenesEdit
Affa first appeared in notes George Lucas composed in 1977 when creating a backstory for C-3PO intended for the use of licensees in the Expanded Universe. It was where the droid was first built, in 112 BBY. It is described as being in the "Third Sector" of the Galactic Empire, in the Outland Regions (Outer Rim).
- The Clone Wars: Opress Unleashed (First appearance)
- The Clone Wars: Strange Allies
- The Constancia Affair (First mentioned)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film (Hardcover edition only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Visual Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Secret Life of Droids