Age of Republic Special 1 is the fifth one-shot in the canon comic book anthology series Star Wars: Age of Republic. The issue includes the stories "The Weapon," by Ethan Sacks, "Sisters," by Jody Houser, and "501 Plus One," by Marc Guggenheim. Age of Republic Special 1 was released on January 16, 2019 by Marvel Comics.
THE GREATEST HEROES OF THE REPUBLIC, THE DEADLIEST VILLAINS – AND EVERYONE IN BETWEEN! FOUR CREATIVE TEAMS! FOUR STORIES FEATURING YOUR FAVORITE STAR WARS CHARACTERS! The baddest Jedi in the galaxy has a score to settle — MACE WINDU returns in an action-packed adventure from OLD MAN HAWKEYE'S Ethan Sacks! You can run, but can you hide from the twin lightsabers of Sith assassin ASAJJ VENTRESS? Feel her fury in a tale expertly woven by veteran STAR WARS comic scribe Jody Houser (THRAWN, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS). And is JAR JAR BINKS' role in the Star Wars story over? NOT BY A LONG SHOT! Because Chip Zdarsky (PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN and MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE) has a rancor bone to pick with the galaxy's most notorious Gungan. You can take the clone out of the war but you can never take the war out of the clone — CAPTAIN REX dusts off his blaster and enters the fray in a story by X-MEN: GOLD author Marc Guggenheim.
Comics artist Chip Zdarsky was originally solicited to write a story involving Jar Jar Binks and a rancor. However, according to Zdarsky himself, he was never attached to write it, and it was just a solicitation mistake.
- UPC 759606092000; January 16, 2019; Marvel Comics
- Star Wars: Age of Republic — Villains ("Sisters" only)
- Star Wars: Age of Republic — Heroes ("The Weapon" and "501 Plus One" only)
- Star Wars: Age of Republic HC
Notes and references
- "The Weapon" features Qui-Gon Jinn, who dies in 32 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas.
- Since "501 Plus One" depicts Anakin Skywalker without a scar, and Skywalker had a scar by the time of the Battle of Christophsis, it can be deduced that the Battle of Arantara occurred prior. Because Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places both the Battle of Christophsis and the beginning of the Clone Wars in 22 BBY, the Battle of Arantara must take place in the same year as well.
- "Sisters" takes place concurrently with "To Catch a Jedi", which places in between "The Lawless" and "The Wrong Jedi". Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates those episodes to 19 BBY, meaning that "Sisters" and "To Catch a Jedi" must also take place in 19 BBY.