Ahrisa was a type of spicy, spherical, baked food that was brown in color with small black bits mixed in. In 32 BBY, a bowl containing two balls of ahrisa, some haroun bread, and a lamta sat on the kitchen counter of the slave Shmi Skywalker's house in the city of Mos Espa on the planet Tatooine when she hosted the Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn, Queen Padmé Amidala of Naboo, and the Gungan Jar Jar Binks for dinner during a sandstorm.
Behind the scenesEdit
Ahrisa first appeared in the 1999 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. In the current canon, it was first identified in the 2017 reference book Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia, which was written by Adam Bray, Tricia Barr and Cole Horton.
Ahrisa originally received its name in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it was first identified in the 1999 reference book Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary, written by David West Reynolds. In Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia, one ball of ahrisa is erroneously labeled as haroun bread.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
- The Prequel Trilogy Stories
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (First identified as ahrisa)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, which includes the appearance of ahrisa, to 32 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary