- "They're beautiful, Ahsoka."
- ―Bail Organa
In the years before the Battle of Yavin, Ahsoka Tano used two white lightsabers as her personal weapons. The lightsabers, which were white in color and had somewhat curving hilts, replaced the lightsabers she previously used before leaving the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars and were wielded in the unorthodox reverse-grip of her preferred Shien style. One of these lightsabers was a shoto lightsaber, which emitted a shorter blade.
Tano obtained the kyber crystals used in these lightsabers one year after the end of the Clone Wars, retrieving them from the lightsaber of the Sixth Brother, an Inquisitor she had killed during the Imperial occupation of Raada. Though the crystals originally emitted a red blade, she purified them from the darkness tainting them. The hilts of the lightsabers were originally created from pieces of scrap metal that Tano had acquired over the year since the fall of the Republic, but were later modified to be more functional and decorative.
She first used these two lightsabers to defend herself against troops on Raada as she evacuated refugees from the moon, and later used them as a member of a rebel movement that fought in opposition to the Galactic Empire. Having removed the kyber crystal from Ezra's lightsaber, Ahsoka used one of her own lightsabers to teach Ezra Bridger to evade attacks without a weapon. Other uses of her lightsabers included a duel against two other Imperial Inquisitors: the Fifth Brother and the Seventh Sister, as well as another duel during the mission to Malachor which included the Fifth Brother, Seventh Sister, Eighth Brother, Maul, and Darth Vader.
- "They used to be red. When the creature had them, they were red. But I heard them before I ever saw him on Radaa, and knew that they were meant for me."
- ―Ahsoka Tano
After the end of the Clone Wars the Jedi were hunted down and executed by the new Galactic Empire, even though she had exited the Order shortly before its demise the former padawan learner Ahsoka Tano was still forced to evade Imperial forces without her initial pair of lightsabers. On her travels Ahsoka began collecting seemingly random pieces of scrap which held importance to her for a reason she couldn't explain. One year after the fall of the Jedi order the Empire came to the backwater moon of Raada, which was where Ahsoka was hiding. After seeing the poor conditions the farmers were put through by the Empire Ahsoka decided to stop running and fight. After forming a small resistance cell made up of local farmers Ahsoka was discovered by the Empire when she utilized the Force to protect her new allies. The Sixth Brother, an agent of the Inquisitorius, learnt of the emergence of the Jedi and so decided to hunt her down and execute her. Upon coming into contact with the unarmed Jedi the Sixth Brother attempted to execute her, however she was able to evade his attacks and use the force to overload his lightsaber, killing him.
Ahsoka took the Kyber crystals housed within the deceased Inquisitor's lightsaber, which had been calling out to her. She noted that the crystal had been turned red through a practice known as bleeding, in which a user of the dark side of the Force would pour all their ugly emotions into the crystal making it cry out in pain. Deciding that the crystals were destined to be hers she freed the crystals from their anguish using the light side of the Force, this process turned the crystals a pure white. Ahsoka then constructed curved hilts for her crystals made out of the random scrap she had discovered. In a similar manner to her previous sabers Tano made one normal lightsaber and one Shoto lightsaber.
Ahsoka used her new sabers to battle stormtroopers in the evacuation of Raada by the early rebellion, which Tano would go on to become a part of. At some point after the evacuation Tano altered the hilts of her new sabers to make them more functional and decorative.
Behind the scenesEdit
Ahsoka's white lightsabers first appeared in the TV episode "Fire Across the Galaxy", the season one finale for Star Wars Rebels. According to Dave Filoni, one of the show's creators, the lightsaber blades are white to reflect her non-affiliation with the Jedi or Sith.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Star Wars: Force Arena
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 25: Fortress Vader, Part VII (Vision to Darth Vader)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "A Disarming Lesson"
- Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions
- "Ocean Rescue"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 12
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Lost Commanders"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Relics of the Old Republic"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Future of the Force"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Mystery of Chopper Base"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- Maul: A Star Wars Rebels Cinestory Comic
- Star Wars Rebels – "A World Between Worlds"
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Ancient Rivals (Card: Ahsoka's Lightsabers)
- Star Wars: Destiny – Empire at War (Card: )
- Star Wars: Lightsaber Battles
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Secrets of the Jedi
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Ahsoka
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars Rebels – "The Future of the Force"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"
- ↑ Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "A Disarming Lesson"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"