- "The Aionomica, the Rammahgon, a dozen other mystic-sounding made-up names—the foundation of the ancient faith."
- ―Luke Skywalker
The Aionomica were a collection of sacred Jedi texts located in the tree library carved out of an uneti tree on Temple island on the planet Ahch-To. The text was written in an ancient, lost language and was preserved in two volumes, the Aionomicum I and Aionomicum II by Jedi Master and historian Ri-Lee Howell. The two-volume combination of codex, correspondence, and scrapbook collected many of the earliest accounts of explorations and codifications in the Force. The physical books contain passages written in the hands of the original sages, however the books' contents would later be stored in holocrons which were lost prior to 34 ABY. There was rumored to be a third volume of the Aionomica, which was the subject of a forgery scandal 300 years prior to the Great Jedi Purge.
In 34 ABY,[source?] Rey discovered the tree library and Luke Skywalker explained to her what it was. In doing so, he told her the names of the books Aionomica and Rammahgon. Rey took the sacred Jedi texts, including the Aionomica, onto the Millennium Falcon when she left Ahch-To.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Aionomica first appeared in the 2017 movie Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi. It was first identified in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition, the 2018 novelization of the film written by Jason Fry. Although initially not written in italics in the novel, the title of the text was later shown to be italicized in the 2019 reference book Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary by Pablo Hidalgo.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (First identified as Aionomica)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi: Rey's Journey
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 1
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- (Picture only)