The sector was home to the fiercely independent Airam, ruled by the Airam Clans. It was a fair haven for criminals, pirates, smugglers and those who did not want to be found by the Galactic Empire, such as the Rebel fleet. The Airam Clans later joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic as the Airam Sector Force.
Around 3 ABY, elements of the Rebel Navy moved into the Airam sector in an attempt to gain a foothold there, and hide from the pursuing Imperial fleet. During this campaign, they were forced to fight Task Force Vengeance, which had been sent by the Empire to pacify the Airam sector.
Behind the scenes
One particular battle is described to take place "near Elbra," but it remains unclear whether that is a planet or a system.
- Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Alien Anthology
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races, Second Edition
- Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Warfare Author's Cut
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide, p. 92
- The Essential Atlas
- "Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:9:01"—Star Wars Insider 69
- Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
- The Essential Guide to Warfare, p. 161