- "They shipped me to Akrit'tar. After three months I managed to escape from the penal colony there and made my way back to the Alliance."
- ―Tycho Celchu
Akrit'tar was an inhospitable, barren and lifeless world of the Calaron sector of the Outer Rim Territories. An Imperial prison was established on the world for the safe keeping of political enemies of the Empire. Of the many residents of Akrit'tar's prisons one of Han Solo's former smuggling associates, Tregga, was sentenced to a life of hard labor after being caught with a smuggled cargo of chak-root. Rogue Squadron pilot Tycho Celchu was also held here after a failed attempt at "brainwashing," on the Lusankya, escaping three months later.
- Han Solo's Revenge (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Side Trip (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: The Krytos Trap (Mentioned only)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook