- "The Congress of Malastare concurs with the honorable delegate from the Trade Federation. A commission must be appointed."
- ―Aks Moe
Aks Moe was a Gran male who served in the Galactic Senate during the waning years of the Galactic Republic. He represented the Congress of Malastare and, on their behalf, supported the formation of a commission to investigate the claims of Queen Padmé Amidala that the droid armies of the Trade Federation had invaded the planet Naboo.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Aks Moe served as the representative for the Congress of Malastare in the Galactic Senate during the waning years of the Galactic Republic. After a dispute over the taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems, the droid armies of the Trade Federation invaded the planet Naboo. Hoping to receive help from the Republic's government, Queen Padmé Amidala of Naboo addressed the Senate and explained that the Federation had invaded her world. Lott Dod, the senator for the Trade Federation, strenuously objected to the claims and recommended that a commission to be sent to Naboo to ascertain the truth of the queen's claims. Moe supported Dodd's recommendation to have a commission be sent. Having little faith in the bureaucracies of the Senate, Amidala instead called for a Vote of No Confidence against Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum. Senator Palpatine of Naboo was elected in his place, and Amidala led a battle against the Federation that liberated her world.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 1 (Databank A-Z: Ask Aak–Stass Allie)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- "Coruscant" – Star Wars Encyclopedia