- "I was very free to act within the confines of the script, but there were a lot of moments I could find, especially with such good actors, to express and be the unique character that Kaytoo is."
- ―Alan Tudyk
Alan Tudyk (born March 16, 1971) is an American actor and voice actor who portrayed K-2SO in the Star Wars stand-alone film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and subsequent media featuring the character.
Alan Tudyk, playing enforcer droid K-2SO, was also intended to cameo as the character "Wray Nerely" from his webseries Con Man, before the scene was ultimately cut. In Con Man, Wray Nerely is a struggling, down-on-his-luck typecast science-fiction actor. Thus Tudyk, an actor, would have played another actor who had been cast in Rogue One. When it was announced that his scene was ultimately cut from the final version of the film, Tudyk responded: "I was really looking forward to seeing Wray Nerely in Star Wars, but truthfully Wray Nerely would never get that good of a job. So it was probably pretty good that he didn't." Although it was initially announced that he would portray K-2SO in Andor, Tudyk later clarified that he would not appear in the first season, but would in later seasons.
Work in Star Wars
- Star Wars Battlefront (K-2SO)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (K-2SO)
- "Tales from Wild Space: Adventures in Wookiee-Sitting"—Star Wars Adventures (2017) 3 (Helped write K-2SO's dialogue)
- Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire (K-2SO)
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars (K-2SO)
- Andor (K-2SO)
- "Launch Pad" – Star Wars Insider 160
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - The Official Mission Debrief
- Star Wars: Build Your Own X-Wing 24 (Creating a Starship Fleet: Rogue One–X-wings In Flight)