Alaris was a large gas giant located within the Alaris Expanse in the outer arm of the Kashyyyk system, a part of the Mytaranor sector in the Slice portion of the Mid Rim. The planet had eight moons and held the sixth orbital position around the star Kashyyyk.
The size of Alaris hid one of its small moons, Alaris Prime, from galactic view, meaning that the moon was uncolonized for eons despite its extensive resources. Sometime between 59 BBY and 56 BBY Wookiees from the nearby planet Kashyyyk discovered Alaris Prime and colonized it twenty years later, also claiming the other seven moons of Alaris. The Alaris colonies utilized middle-period Krorral, an architectural style involving domed structures.
Behind the scenesEdit
Alaris first appeared in the 2001 LucasArts video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, in the introduction to the first level of the Wookiee tutorial campaign. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the planet, along with the rest of the Kashyyyk system, in grid square P-9.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Alaris Prime") (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: Force and Destiny Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology places the colonization of Alaris Prime between 39 BBY and 36 BBY, and the databank in Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds states that the negotiations to colonize the moon took place over a twenty year period after its discovery. The discovery of Alaris Prime must have therefore occurred between 59 BBY and 56 BBY.
- ↑ Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds