Over a twenty-year period before 39–36 BBY a resolution was passed by the Senate of the Galactic Republic to colonize the rediscovered moon of Alaris Prime in the Alaris Expanse, a planetary system in the Kashyyyk system. The Wookiee explorers from the planet Kashyyyk who discovered the moon petitioned the Senate sometime between 59–56 BBY, to give them the rights, and were represented by the Chieftan Attichitcuk. The galactic company known as the Trade Federation also expressed its interest in Alaris Prime, intending to use it as a trade center between other planets such as Kashyyyk, Kessel and Bimmisaari. After two decades of slowly dispensing the rights, the Senate awarded the moon to the Wookiees, and Attichitcuk was given the honor of leading the colonization effort for his role in securing the rights. The Trade Federation, however, ignored the Senate's ruling and landed on Alaris Prime illegally, forcing the Wookiees to fight for the world.
Behind the scenesEdit
The resolution to give Alaris Prime's rights to the Wookiees was mentioned in the databank of the 2001 PC video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds and its 2002 expansion Clone Campaigns, in the entries for Alaris Prime and Attichitcuk.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First mentioned) (Mentioned in databank)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns (Mentioned in databank)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 42 (KAS2, Kashyyyk)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Attichitcuk")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds databank
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The New Essential Chronology placed the Alaris Prime colonial war between 39 BBY and 36 BBY, and the Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds databank stated that the debate took place over a twenty year period.