- "Rescue workers have been working around the clock to reach some 4,000 passengers and workers who were trapped in a monorail traveling through the Pica Rim Pipeline after a series of bombs ruptured a 4,000 kilometer section of the undersea transit tube."
- ―A news report by Colonial News Nets
Albrae-Don was a terrestrial astronomical object located in the Albrae-Don system, a part of the Sern sector in the Southern Core portion of the Colonies. Its surface featured a sea. The Pica Rim Pipeline, an underwater monorail train transit tunnel more than 4,000 kilometers in length, was located on Albrae-Don, as was the settlement of Draeo-Kax.
After the Imperial execution of Earnst Kamiel, the founder and leader of the Justice Action Network, on the date 36:10:4, the terrorist organization carried out a retaliatory strike on Albrae-Don. JAN detonated a series of bombs at the Pica Rim Pipeline, rupturing and flooding a section of the tunnel. As a result, a monorail with approximately 4,000 passengers and workers aboard was trapped and surrounded with tons of water, requiring intensive efforts by rescue workers to free the passengers. In 37:6:20, Colonial News Nets issued a news report from Draeo-Kax detailing the rescue efforts on Albrae-Don.
Behind the scenes
Albrae-Don was first mentioned in the "Galaxywide NewsNets" feature of West End Games' Star Wars Adventure Journal 10, which was written by Paul Sudlow and published in May 1996. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Albrae-Don system, and therefore Albrae-Don itself, within grid square L-13.
Notes and references
- Albrae-Don system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Albrae-Don system
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 183 ("Justice Action Network (2)")