- "For an illuminating example of pan-species cooperation, don't miss the moon of Alchenaut, where palm-sized furballs that I named o'cerrys act as a predator warning system for thousands of other herbivores."
- ―An excerpt from The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force, by Jedi biologist Bowspritz
Alchenaut was a moon located in the galaxy's Expansion Region. It was home to o'cerrys, herbivorous creatures that were known for warning other herbivores when a predator approached. The Jedi biologist Bowspritz noted Alchenaut and the o'cerrys in the book The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force.
Alchenaut was a terrestrial moon that was located in the Alchenaut system of the Alchenaut sector, within the Expansion Region portion of the Western Reaches. The moon had a rich ecosystem that provided a habitat for numerous non-sentient herbivorous species, as well as at least one predator. Among the former were the o'cerrys, which cooperated with thousands of other herbivores by warning them whenever a predator approached.
At some point by 990 BBY, Alchenaut was visited by the Jedi biologist Bowspritz, who studied the moon's animal life and named the o'cerrys in the process. Viewing them as an enlightening occurrence of collaboration between species, Bowspritz included the o'cerrys, along with a mention of Alchenaut, in the "Galactic Bestiary" section of the Jedi trainee guidebook The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force.
Behind the scenesEdit
Alchenaut was created for the 2010 reference book The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force by Daniel Wallace. The StarWars.com Online Companion to the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Alchenaut system, and therefore the moon Alchenaut, in grid square L-16.
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Alchenaut system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Alchenaut system, and therefore the moon Alchenaut, in grid square L-16, which, according to The Essential Atlas, is located in the Western Reaches region of the galaxy. places the
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- ↑ Daniel Wallace (2010-12-03). Endnotes for Star Wars: The Jedi Path (part 1 of 4). Daniel Wallace's Geekosity. Blogger.com. Archived from the original on August 3, 2018. Retrieved on May 7, 2019. "Okay, so we've established that this particular copy of the book dates from 115 BBY. But the content inside is [...] dating from the year 990 BBY."