- "We anticipate his next attack will be in the Hexus system. Go there and reinforce Admiral Aldanna's blockade."
- ―Mace Windu, telling Anakin Skywalker about Tofen Vane's next target
Aldanna was a Republic admiral active during the Clone Wars. In 22 BBY, the Republic attempted to establish blockades of neutral worlds that provided military aid to the Confederacy of Independent Systems. As part of this strategy, three Venator-class Star Destroyers under Aldanna's command were dispatched to blockade the Hexus system. Aldanna's forces were attacked by a squadron of Confederate starfighters led by the ace pilot Tofen Vane, but the Republic ultimately won the battle.
Aldanna was an admiral in the Republic Navy during the Clone Wars. In 22 BBY, the first year of the war, the people of the planet Valahari joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems, and the Galactic Republic, in response, established blockades of neutral worlds that supplied military aid to the Confederacy. Aldanna was placed in charge of a blockade of the Hexus system and was given command of three Venator-class Star Destroyers. Soon, however, the Valahari, led by the ace pilot Tofen Vane, began attacking the Republic blockades, crushing all resistance.
When the Jedi Order learned that Vane's next target would be Aldanna's blockade, they sent Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker to help the Admiral withstand the attack. When Vane arrived, Skywalker engaged him in a dogfight while Vane's squadron, Tofen's Raiders, attacked Aldanna's forces. Vane managed to best Skywalker and shoot him down, but ultimately spared his life. Aldanna's ships received major damage, but the timely arrival of Republic reinforcements led by Admiral Wullf Yularen forced the Valahari to retreat.
Behind the scenes
Aldanna was mentioned in the eleventh issue of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars comic-book series written by Henry Gilroy and Steven Melching and published by Dark Horse Comics on December 9, 2009.
- The Clone Wars 11 (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- The Clone Wars 11
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 8 (22 BBY 1–2, The Second Battle of Geonosis) dates "Landing at Point Rain" to 22 BBY. Since Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded places the events of Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Hero of the Confederacy prior to "Landing at Point Rain," it can be concluded that Hero of the Confederacy also takes place in 22 BBY.
- The New Essential Chronology