- "Ending Alderaanian tourist board Holoplay #2735, Senator. May I assist you with anything else?"
- ―A computer to Leia Organa
The Alderaanian tourist board Holoplay #2735 was a holographic commercial released by the Alderaanian tourist board at some point following the establishment of the Galactic Empire in 19 BBY. The holoplay praised the natural beauties of the planet Alderaan in order to make it an appealing tourism destination. After the destruction of the planet by the Empire in 0 BBY, Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan kept a copy of the advertisement, and she watched it many times while she mourned the loss of her homeworld. The holoplay advertised Alderaan's lowland plains and their small villages, the Lakes Region and its native wildlife, the Cobaltia Sea and its warm waters, the Alderaan Senate, the old-fashioned northern cities with ruins predating the Great Hyperspace War and the refined yet friendly culture of the Alderaanians.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Alderaanian tourist board Holoplay #2735 appeared in Star Wars 2: In the Shadow of Yavin, Part Two, the second issue of the in the Star Wars series of comic books, written by Brian Wood and drawn by Carlos D'Anda, which was released on February 13, 2013.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars 2: In the Shadow of Yavin, Part Two (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars 2: In the Shadow of Yavin, Part Two
- The Alderaanian tourist board Holoplay #2735 mentions the "Old Republic charms" of Alderaan's northern cities. The Galactic Republic was only known as the "old" one following its replacement by the Galactic Empire, which happened in 19 BBY according to The New Essential Chronology.
- The New Essential Chronology