- "Rather impatient creatures, aren't they?"
The Aleena were a species of short, sentient reptiles from the planet of Aleen. They were part of the Galactic Republic, and their homeworld was home to a Republic relay station. Their government consisted of a king, and during the Clone Wars, they were ruled by an individual named Manchucho. They had a rocky natural habitat.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Aleena were first developed for the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, directed by George Lucas. Aleena was the name given to the species that Ratts Tyerell, a character from Menace, belonged to. Detailed conceptual art was designed by artist Terryl Whitlatch. The art was used to create a maquette for the character, and later, the digital model that would be used in the film. Several other Aleena appeared in the film, and the species reappeared in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. They also appeared in several episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and in numerous Star Wars Legends publications.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Nexus of Power
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 1 (Databank A-Z: Ask Aak–Stass Allie)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 17 (Weapons & Uniforms: Sebulba and Rival Pilots) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – LAAT/i Gunship Expansion Pack (Card: ) (Picture only)