- "Watching the skies."
- ―An AT-AA pilot
The AT-AA had four stubby legs and lizard-like locomotion, along with a low profile not seen in other Imperial walkers. On most models, the only weapon was a turreted flak pod, capable of firing several types of ordnance. Other versions could be equipped with one or three rocket-launching tubes. Initially the AT-AA had an inability to fire at ground targets. This was partially rectified with the addition of gun ports to allow the crew to fend off infantry attacks.
Some variation had flak pods replaced with concussion missile launchers. The AT-AA also carried electronic countermeasure systems that could scramble missile guidance systems, thus lowering the risk of missile strikes.
- "Move! Move!"
- ―Unnamed AT-AA pilot
Its preliminary designs were developed as far back as the Clone Wars, and the design began production early on in the time of the New Order. The walker saw action during the Galactic Civil War, where it was used against aircraft, but was useless against any ground vehicles. Although the troopers aboard could fix blaster rifle mounts on the vehicle, the AT-AA still relied heavily on escorting infantry vehicles, including AT-STs.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Force Commander (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- "Vehicles of Episode II"—Star Wars Insider 64
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide
- Stay on Target
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Stay on Target
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Force Commander
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- ↑ Star Wars: Empire at War