- "We need those walkers for our assault!"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
The All Terrain Experimental Transport (AT-XT) was an experimental armored assault walker used by the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. It was a predecessor to the AT-RT and AT-ST, the latter of which was used extensively by the Galactic Empire.
Also, as a defensive measure, some units were equipped with a plasma shield capable of absorbing enemy fire for a short period of time. In spite of its reasonably slow max speed of seventy-five kilometers per hour, which was only fifteen kilometers per hour faster than the AT-TE, and five kilometers per hour faster than the normal speed of the AT-RT, it was capable of demolishing entire columns of enemies.
The Dark Reaper CrisisEdit
Although it was a highly effective combat vehicle, the AT-XT was never mass-produced as its designers were constantly improving its design and combat capabilities. Even though it didn't see as much combat as the AT-TE or AT-RT, the design of the AT-XT would prove to be valuable to Imperial designers as an inspiration for the AT-ST walker that would be used extensively throughout the Galactic Civil War.
In addition to its design-legacy, various AT-XT models were retained in use by the Galactic Empire, mostly for research and development purposes. Even Rebellion forces eventually acquired the vehicles and used them in multiple sieges, challenging any garrisoned AT-STs present.
- Star Wars: Battlefront (Cut content)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars game (First appearance)
- Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:7:02
- Star Wars: Republic: The Battle of Jabiim
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- "Ask the Master"—Star Wars Insider 78
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
Notes and referencesEdit