The All Terrain MegaCaliber Six (AT-M6), also known as the Gorilla Walker or First Order Heavy Assault Walker, was a mobile heavy artillery walker used by the First Order during their war with the Resistance. As the biggest walker in the First Order's arsenal, the AT-M6 was much larger than the All Terrain Armored Transport used by the Galactic Empire, and was operated by specialist First Order Walker Drivers, who were responsible for the use of the machine's most distinctive feature, a single MegaCaliber Six turbolaser cannon mounted to its back for which the walker was named.
In the years following the collapse of the Galactic Empire and the capture or destruction of most of its industrial capabilities by the New Republic, the First Order sought a successor to the original Imperial All Terrain Armored Transport. This eventually led to the development of the AT-M6.[source?]
One of the AT-M6's most notable deployments was during the Battle of Crait, shortly after the death of Supreme Leader Snoke and the ascension of Kylo Ren as leader of the First Order. A number of these walkers led the charge against the Resistance base on the planet Crait, along with a pair of First Order All Terrain Armored Transports and Ren's Upsilon-class command shuttle and numerous TIE/fo space superiority fighters and TIE/sf space superiority fighters providing air support. Before that, they were deployed to Vardos to put down their former allies after Gleb's death.
After the majority of Resistance speeders and ground troops were destroyed and the remainder forced to withdraw to the heavily-armored confines of the base proper, the AT-M6s participated in the bombardment of the Force projection of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, who had come to confront Ren, his fallen apprentice. However, the laser cannons of the walkers had no effect on the illusion.
Behind the scenes
The All Terrain MegaCaliber Six was first officially revealed on The Star Wars Show on August 23, 2017, along side the First Order Dreadnought. It was created for the 2017 film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, directed by Rian Johnson, as the First Order variant of the All Terrain Armored Transport of the Galactic Empire, being larger and more stable.[source?] Johnson noted he aimed to have the AT-M6 resemble a gorilla.
A scale model of the All Terrain MegaCaliber Six, alongside several other models and props, were placed on display in the Star Wars Launch Bay attraction during the Galactic Nights event on December 16, 2017, as part of the promotion for the then-recently released movie Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (First canonical appearance) (DLC)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 5
- Poe Dameron 30 (Cover only)
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Kylo Ren vs. Resistance Rebels"
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Rolling with BB-8/Resistance on the Run"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- Star Wars Made Easy (First identified as Gorilla Walker)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (Set: 75189 First Order Heavy Assault Walker)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – The Official Collector's Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter
- Star Wars Annual 2019
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 72 (Highlights of the Saga: Luke's Journey in the Force) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (Set: 911948 AT-M6)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- The Art of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Star Wars: Fascinating Facts
- The Star Wars Book
- Star Wars Complete Vehicles, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)