The All Terrain Open Transport (AT-OT) was an eight-legged walker of the All-terrain vehicle line designed for the transportation of infantry used by the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. It was deployed during the Battle of Felucia towards the end of the war.
Description[edit | edit source]
The All Terrain Open Transport was a walker of the All-terrain vehicle line with eight legs, four laser cannons, two forward-facing medium cannons, and two rear antipersonnel cannons, an open top, and space to fit several clone troopers. Some AT-OT's did have a top. The walker traveled at a maximum speed of 55 kilometers per hour.
Role[edit | edit source]
AT-OTs were used primarily for transporting infantry safely into the fray of battle. During the Battle of Felucia, the walkers were used by clone troopers to cross the battlefield in an attempt to protect key treatment facilities and prevent Shu Mai, Presidente of the Commerce Guild and member of the Separatist Council, from contaminating Felucia's water supply.
History[edit | edit source]
The AT-OT was developed for use in the Grand Army of the Republic during the galaxy-spanning Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The transports were used during the Battle of Felucia near the end of the war, and were positioned behind Jedi General Aayla Secura when Order 66 was issued and her clone troopers shot her down.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense (First identified as All Terrain Open Transport)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 21 (Guide to the Galaxy: Visiting Felucia)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 37 (Weapons & Uniforms: Republic Ground Vehicles) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition