Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The AT-ST/A's legs had greater reinforcement, and its gyro-stabilizing systems were improved from the original design. It was also fitted with enclosed viewports for added protection of the crew.
History[edit | edit source]
Rebel spies first spotted the vehicle early in the Galactic Civil War, but variants of the AT-ST/A design would continue to be deployed throughout the conflict, even participating in the devastating Imperial in-fighting on Coruscant in 10 ABY.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Ultimately, a slightly different look was chosen and the Expanded Universe recycled the designs into a bigger, stronger AT-ST variant, more suited for an assault-role.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Assault Team (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels (First mentioned)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 38 (ATS2, All Terrain Scout Transport (AT-ST))
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Art of Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Notes and references[edit | edit source]