- Skywalker: "Activate those walkers, Admiral."
- Yularen: "You are not thinking of using those to transport the clones to that frigate."
- Tano: "Well, they are pressurized…"
- Rex: "And they're equipped with magnetic feet. Mm. Good call."
- Tano: "Master, you're a genius."
- Yularen: "Those walkers are designed for terrain, not space!"
- Skywalker: "Rex, load 'em up."
- ―Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, Wulff Yularen, and Captain Rex debate the use of AT-TE walkers aboard the Resolute[src]
The All Terrain Tactical Enforcer (AT-TE) was a multipurpose military ground walker used by the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. They boasted six legs that could be magnetized, six laser cannon turrets located along the body of the walker, and a heavy projectile mass-driver cannon on top.
The All Terrain Tactical Enforcer was a low-built vehicle that featured six articulated legs for propulsion. Its body consisted of two armored halves that were connected by a flexible concertina section, which increased the walker's mobility on the field. Because its legs were low to the ground, the walker had a relatively low top speed, but it also enjoyed greater stability. As its name suggests, the AT-TE was suitable for all terrains; not only was it able able to climb sheer surfaces, but it could also survive in the vacuum of realspace. The AT-TE measured 22.02 meters in length and 9.57 meters in height.
The AT-TE's most powerful weapon was a single mass-driver cannon located on the vehicle's dorsal surface, which gave the walker the purpose as a mobile artillery vehicle as well as a Tank. Four smaller ball-turret laser cannons were mounted at the front, and two others at the rear. The hexapod's armor could easily deflect small arms fire. The AT-TE could be pierced by tanksmasher rockets, which could result in the destruction of the vehicle's complex propulsion mechanisms.
The walker's pilot sat in a forward compartment, while a gunner sat exposed atop the walker to operate the mass-driver cannon. The standard version of the AT-TE carried 20 troops, and some variants carried smaller All Terrain Recon Transports in their rear hold. Their crews were filled out by an IM-6 medic droid, who attended to any injured clone troopers.
A blast from an AT-TE was Clone Commander Cody's chosen method in executing Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi when he received Order 66, since it allowed him to fire on Kenobi in a surprise attack, as Kenobi was not yet aware of the clones' betrayal. However, the blast only succeeded in knocking Kenobi into water, and he later escaped to safety.
Age of the EmpireEdit
Fifteen years after the end of the Clone Wars, Captain Rex, along with Commanders Wolfe and Gregor, were living in a modified AT-TE on Seelos. They, along with the Lothal Rebels, later used the tank to evade Imperial forces, which consisted of three All Terrain Armored Transport walkers. The tank was able to destroy one AT-AT in the sandstorm before Rex ordered a direct assault on the other two while the Rebels escaped. The Mass-driver cannon, unfortunately, was not strong enough to penetrate the AT-AT armor.
The AT-TE was able to sustain multiple shots from both walkers before Wolfe drove it into one of the walkers. The cannon was temporarily knocked out, but Gregor was able to restore power when the rebels returned and hijacked one of the AT-ATs, giving Rex the opening to shoot the last walker in the neck. The AT-TE was destroyed when the AT-AT collapsed on it.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
Several AT-TEs were later modified by Rebel Alliance mechanics in order to be used as an attack vehicle during the Galactic Civil War. A number were modified with thicker armor and more powerful armament, becoming known as Elite AT-TEs.
- (First identified as All Terrain Tactical Enforcer)
- ; images #1, 5
- ; images #3, 5, 12
- ; images #7, 10
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Rebels (Set: 75157 Captain Rex's AT-TE Walker)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z
- (Picture only)
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Picture only)
- ; images #2, 5
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7
- ↑ Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Rogue One: AT-ACT Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: AT-ACT Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "The Lost Commanders"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Relics of the Old Republic"
- ↑ "Blade Squadron: Kuat"—Star Wars Insider 168