- "I'm sorry, Jyn. Without the full support of the council, the odds are too great."
- ―Mon Mothma, to Jyn Erso
The Alliance High Command, also known as Alliance Command, Rebel Command, Rebel Alliance High Command, Rebel Council, Alliance Council, Rebel Alliance's ruling council, Alliance's ruling council, Rebellion Command, or the Rebel Alliance command, was the leadership council of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. It was headed by Chancellor Mon Mothma. Soldiers in the field complained that it attempted to manage the Rebellion as a government, and not a military resistance.
In the early days of the rebellion against the Galactic Empire, various rebel cells began coordinating their efforts to combat the reign of the Empire. A Rebel Command was established that included Bail Organa and Commander Jun Sato. In 2 BBY, Organa and Sato tasked the crew of the Ghost with a mission to recover a rebel team led by Saw Gerrera from the planet Geonosis.
Following the formation of the Rebel Alliance, the Alliance High Command based themselves on Dantooine before they transferred operations to a new headquarters inside the ruins of the Great Temple on Yavin 4. It was from there that the Alliance launched their assault on the planet Scarif and saw the acquisition of the technical data to the Galactic Empire's new superweapon, the Death Star.
Following the evacuation from Yavin, The Alliance High Command met in the Alliance Fleet to discuss what actions to take next. Leia Organa, who had just completed a successful assault on Weapons Factory Alpha on Cymoon 1, urged the leadership to allow her team to continue pressing the Alliance's advantage against the Empire. Admiral Gial Ackbar told the princess that they could not maintain such an offensive due to still being on the run.
Learning of the Second Death Star
Four years after the Battle of Yavin, the High Command had transferred their headquarters to Admiral Ackbar's flagship Home One. When Rebel command learned that the Empire was building a second Death Star over the Forest moon of Endor, they ordered the Alliance Fleet to assemble near the planet Sullust, where they planned the assault on the battle station.
With the Galactic Empire's defeat at the Battle of Endor, the Alliance was reorganized into the New Republic. The Alliance High Command eventually transitioned into the New Republic High Command.
- William Shakespeare's The Jedi Doth Return: Star Wars Part the Sixth
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Embersteel Blade"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return to the Wheel"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Flight of the Arrowhead"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "A Perilous Rescue"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Escape from Coruscant"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis"
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars (2015) 4
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Highlights of the Saga: Ground Assault on Hoth)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Doctor Aphra (2016) 33
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- Rogue One - Cassian & K-2SO Special 1
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Before the Awakening
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Ghosts of Geonosis"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Secret Cargo"
- Princess Leia 1