- "Rebel Intelligence is identifying more resistance cells every day. Our strategy is to observe them from a distance."
- ―Bail Organa, to Mon Mothma in a letter in 5 BBY
Alliance Intelligence, also known as Rebel Intelligence, Rebel Alliance Intelligence, or Rebel Alliance Intelligence Service, was a branch of the Alliance to Restore the Republic responsible for obtaining and analyzing military, diplomatic and economic information about the Galactic Empire and reporting such information to the relevant branches of the Alliance. By the Battle of Scarif, General Airen Cracken was the Chief of Rebel Intelligence, and he still held the position at the time of the Battle of Endor. In a journal entry kept within the Rebel Files, chief of state Mon Mothma stated that she didn't particularly like working with Intelligence, adding that agents like Davits Draven had a chilly moral pragmatism that they could use to justify any crime.
- "You want to recruit people?"
"Not exactly. Though if I found good people, I would certainly try to bring them in. I want to take your recruits and find missions for them. I want to be the one who listens to what people need, who finds out what people can do and then helps them do it."
"You want to take over my intelligence networks."
"Who runs them now?"
"No one, really. That's most of the problem."
"Then that's where I'll start."
- ―Bail Organa and Ahsoka Tano
Between 19 BBY and 18 BBY, Rebel Intelligence was formed during the early days of the rebellion against the Galactic Empire, former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano took over command of Intelligence after she was recruited into the rebellion. Intelligence's strategy was to identify and observe emerging resistance cells and determine whether they were competent in disrupting Imperial operations and remaining hidden. Senator Bail Organa regarded it as cruel, but necessary, as the Empire could easily destroy amateur groups and compromise the entire organization Organa and Senator Mon Mothma were attempting to create. During the rescue of Kanan Jarrus between the crew of the Ghost and Phoenix Cell against the Empire, Tano informed the Ghost crew that the strategy had changed.
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Ahsoka
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 6.11 6.12 6.13 6.14 6.15 6.16 6.17 Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- ↑ Doctor Aphra 32: Unspeakable Rebel Superweapon, Part I
- ↑ Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Heir to the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Member: "Wudei Wadai"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"