- "Making visual contact, Red Two. It's an alluvial damper malfunction, all right."
- ―Luke Skywalker, tricked by Evaan Verlaine
Soon after the Battle of Yavin, Rebel pilot Evaan Verlaine and the astromech droid R2-D2 outsmarted their pursuers, Wedge Antilles and Luke Skywalker, making them believe that their alluvial damper had been damaged, when in fact, it had been useless decoy. Thanks to the maneuver, Verlaine and the droid managed to transport Princess Leia Organa out of Yavin 4 despite General Jan Dodonna's restriction, to accomplish their self-imposed mission to rescue the survivors of Alderaan from the Galactic Empire.
In the immediate aftermath of the Battle of Hoth, the Millennium Falcon's faulty hyperdrive prompted its owner Han Solo to check the system, including its horizontal boosters and the alluvial damper, while Imperial forces relentlessly attacked them.
- Master & Apprentice (Mentioned only)
- Master & Apprentice audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Most Wanted (First appearance, simultaneous with Most Wanted audiobook)
- Most Wanted audiobook
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 3 (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn: Alliances (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn: Alliances audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Chewbacca - The Trusty Co-Pilot" (Mentioned only)
- Princess Leia 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization (Mentioned only)
- "Rendezvous Point"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Squadrons (Mentioned only)
- Resistance Reborn (Mentioned only)
- Resistance Reborn audiobook (Mentioned only)