- "Alphabet Squadron is my first time working post-Return of the Jedi, and that's exciting for me — there's so much to say about a society where the underdogs have finally won and need to figure out how to rebuild."
- ―Alexander Freed
Alphabet Squadron is a canon novel written by Alexander Freed. The book is the first in the Star Wars: Alphabet Squadron series, and it was published by Del Rey on June 11, 2019. Set after Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, Alphabet Squadron focuses on a group of New Republic pilots hunting down an Imperial group called Shadow Wing, and it crosses over with the Marvel Comics miniseries Star Wars: TIE Fighter. A sequel to the novel, Shadow Fall, was published in 2020.
On the verge of victory in a brutal war, five New Republic pilots transform from hunted to hunters in this epic STAR WARS adventure. Set after Return of the Jedi, Alphabet Squadron follows a unique team, each flying a different class of starfighter as they struggle to end their war once and for all.
The Emperor is dead. His final weapon has been destroyed. The Imperial Army is in disarray. In the aftermath, Yrica Quell is just one of thousands of defectors from her former cause living in a deserters' shantytown—until she is selected to join Alphabet Squadron.
Cobbled together from an eclectic assortment of pilots and starfighters, the five members of Alphabet are tasked by New Republic general Hera Syndulla herself. Like Yrica, each is a talented pilot struggling to find their place in a changing galaxy. Their mission: to track down and destroy the mysterious Shadow Wing, a lethal force of TIE fighters exacting bloody, reckless vengeance in the twilight of their reign.
The newly formed unit embodies the heart and soul of the Rebellion: ragtag, resourceful, scrappy, and emboldened by their most audacious victory in decades. But going from underdog rebels to celebrated heroes isn't as easy as it seems, and their inner demons threaten them as much as their enemies among the stars. The wayward warriors of Alphabet Squad will have to learn to fly together if they want to protect the new era of peace they've fought so hard to achieve.
- ISBN 9781984821980; June 11, 2019; Del Rey; US hardcover
- ISBN 9781984800978; June 11, 2019; Del Rey; US hardcover, Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition
- ISBN 9781984821997; June 11, 2019; Del Rey; US eBook
- ISBN 9781984800961; June 11, 2019; Del Rey; Signed edition
- ISBN 9780593128244; December 31, 2019; Del Rey; US paperback
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology