The Altier sector was a part of the Expansion Region. It contained the astronomical objects Altier, Gerhalt III, and Trebela, as well as the Ruugia system. The Gerhalt system was a part of the Galactic Republic as early as 17,000 BBY. During the Galactic Civil War, Governor Kraxith of the Galactic Empire broke up a major Rebel Alliance network that was operating on Trebela.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Altier sector was located in the Slice portion of the Expansion Region. By 0 ABY, the Altier sector bordered the Hilo and Sepan sectors Rimward, the Surron sector spinward, and the Kailion and Narvath sectors in the trailing direction. Coreward, the Altier sector also formed a four-way border with the Palamut, Tokamac, and Venzeiia sectors. The Altier sector contained the Altier, Gerhalt, Ruugia, and Trebela systems.
Locations[edit | edit source]
The Gerhalt and Trebela systems contained the terrestrial astronomical objects named Gerhalt III and Trebela, respectively, and the Altier system contained the celestial body of the same name. The Ruugia system was the origin point of the Ruugian noodles.
The Gerhalt system was a part of the Galactic Republic by 17,000 BBY. From that year until 3996 BBY, a hyperlane connected the system to the Surron and Tarmidia systems; however, the hyperspace route had ceased to exist by 3960 BBY.
During the Galactic Civil War, Trebela was ruled by Governor Kraxith of the Galactic Empire. A major Rebel Alliance network operated in Trebela's capital city at that time, and it was comprised of several Rebel groups that operated independently of each other, with no group being aware of the others' activities or identities. Kraxit eventually broke up the network.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Altier sector was introduced in the StarWars.com Online Companion to the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas, which was written by Daniel Wallace and Jason Fry. In 2012, the Altier sector was illustrated on a map designed by Modi and published in the Online Companion feature "Essential Atlas Extra: Expansion Region."
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- sector in the Expansion Region, between the hyperlanes The Essential Atlas identifies as the Corellian Run and the Perlemian Trade Route. The Essential Atlas also places that part of the Expansion Region in the Slice. places the Altier
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Duros"—Star Wars Gamer 2 "
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- "Stand and Deliver"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- Platt's Starport Guide
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. Given this principle, this article makes a similar basic assumption for the Ruugian noodles in relation to the Ruugia system. "I wouldn't get your hopes up re alien homeworlds, beyond simple stuff like the Planetnamian species getting a Planetnamia on the map or things Dan and I can account for with a relatively quick reference."
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Atlas
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 261 ("Trebela")