- "Praz Fateer! Fastest flier on Alzoc III!"
"Well, that's not really saying much."
- ―A barker and Han Solo
Alzoc III, also known as Alzoc, was a frozen world located in the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories that was the homeworld of the Talz species. The world was taken over by the Galactic Empire due to its exploitable mineral wealth. The pilot Praz Fateer was described as being the fastest on Alzoc III by a barker aboard the Frander's Bay space station. The Mandalorian bounty hunter Din Djarin was involved in a job on Alzoc III, later claiming that he did what he had to do.
Alzoc III, also simply known as Alzoc, was a terrestrial frozen world, though it was not inhospitable. The world was located in the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories, situated at the coordinates P-19 on the Standard Galactic Grid. It was rich in mineral wealth.
During the Imperial Era, the Galactic Empire discovered Alzoc III's mineral wealth, and took over the world in order to exploit it. According to a barker present on the Frander's Bay space station in 7 ABY, Praz Fateer was the fastest pilot on Alzoc III. The Rebel Alliance heroes Lando Calrissian and Han Solo overheard the barker's claims while searching for a pilot on the station, and Solo was unimpressed by Fateer's title.
At some point prior to 9 ABY, the Mandalorian bounty hunter Din Djarin undertook a job on Alzoc III. When Djarin joined a team of mercenaries for a mission, his former associate Xi'an brought up the job to the other members of the group. After the mercenary Xi'an, a former associate of Djarin's, met the bounty hunter, she brought up the job on Alzoc III. Djarin stated he had done what he needed to do, and Xi'an claimed that he had enjoyed doing it.
Behind the scenesEdit
Alzoc III was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon on a map in the article Where in the Galaxy Are the Worlds of Star Wars: The Force Awakens?, published on StarWars.com on January 29, 2016. It was later identified as Alzoc III in the second issue of De Agostini's Star Wars Helmet Collection magazine series, published in 2016.
In the Star Wars Legends continuity, Alzoc III was first mentioned in Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races, a supplement to Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game written by Troy Denning and published by West End Games in 1989.
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 2 (Databank A-Z: Alzoc III) (First identified as Alzoc III)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Last Shot
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Star Wars Helmet Collection 2 (Databank A-Z: Alzoc III)
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Last Shot to twenty-seven years before the Hosnian Cataclysm, placed in 34 ABY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Therefore, the events of Last Shot, including the mention of Alzoc III, are set in 7 ABY.
- ↑ The Mandalorian is set about five years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. Therefore, the events of the "Chapter 6: The Prisoner," including the mention of the job on Alzoc II, must have taken place around 9 ABY. establishes that
- ↑ The Mandalorian – "Chapter 6: The Prisoner"
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races