- "I held a single-entrance fortress similar to this on Amador. Enemy bodies were stacked twenty-high around the outside when that battle was over."
- ―Fideltin Rusk
Amador was a planet located in the Chalenor system of the Expansion Region's Immalia sector, and was orbited by at least one moon named Mayvitch 7. Amador lay at the junction of a hyperlane that connected the Coth Fuuras system and the planet Nessem and a second route that linked it to the Drearia system. Sometime between 3665 and 3653 BBY, a battle was fought on Amador during the Great Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, where the Chagrian soldier Fideltin Rusk defended the entrance of a fortress on Amador from a much larger force of Imperial soldiers. Over three thousand years later, a group of Human colonists on Mayvitch 7 were wiped out by the Yinchorri species during the Yinchorri Uprising of 33 BBY.
Behind the scenes
Amador was first mentioned in the 2000 comic Jedi Council: Acts of War 1, where the world's moon Mayvitch 7 is attacked by the Yinchorri. The planet was not mentioned again until the 2011 massively-multiplayer online roleplaying video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, where the Jedi Knight class's companion character Fideltin Rusk mentions Amador during ambient conversation that is triggered when he arrives at the Shrine of Healing on the planet Voss.
Notes and references
- The Essential Atlas
- Jedi Council: Acts of War 1
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Ambient Conversation on Voss
- The Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia indicates Elin Garza forged her identity credentials at the age of 15 to enlist in the Republic Military, meaning that the minimum age must have been greater than 15. The same guide also gives Fideltin Rusk's birth year as 3680 BBY, meaning that Rusk had to enlist sometime after 3665 BBY. Therefore, the fighting on Amador must have occurred after 3665 BBY.