- "With all due respect, the ambassadors for the Supreme Chancellor wish to board immediately."
- ―Maoi Madakor
An ambassador, or a representative, was a title for someone who was sent by a government or organization to represent that faction's interests or to resolve some kind of conflict. Ambassadors usually held a diplomatic status allowing them special privileges. In the waning days of the Galactic Republic, the Jedi Order was called upon to act as ambassadors representing the Galactic Senate or the Supreme Chancellor. During the Invasion of Naboo, the Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi were sent as ambassadors to attempt to resolve the dispute aboard the Trade Federation cargo freighter Saak'ak, but were forced to flee when the Trade Federation ambushed them. During the rule of the Galactic Empire, Telvar served as the Imperial ambassador to Mon Cala during heated trade negotiations until his death. A consular ship was expected to have an ambassador on board it. When the Tantive IV did not have such an ambassador on board, Darth Vader challenged Captain Raymus Antilles's claim that the vessel was a consular ship. Senators of the Galactic Republic were also sometimes known as ambassadors.
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 2 (Databank A-Z: Alzoc III–Antilles)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Gungan Grand Army)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 30 (Highlights of the Saga: The Betrayal of Captain Argyus)
- Rise of the Separatists
- Gadgets and Gear
- The Star Wars Book
- "Anakin Skywalker" – Star Wars Encyclopedia