- "You really ought to stop smoking these. They're not good for you."
- ―Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, to Dexter Jettster
Ambrian cheroots were a type of narcotic produced in the Ambria system that were designed to be lit and inhaled, much in the same method used to absorb the effects of different types of spice. Cheroots produced a pleasant, calming sensation in those who smoked them. However, the narcotic was known to cause health problems in those who indulged in it. The cheroot produced a thick, pink, herbal smoke. The Besalisk cook Dexter Jettster smoked Ambrian cheeroots during the Clone Wars, although his friend, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, advised him against it.
Behind the scenes
Ambrian cheroots first appeared in The Clone Wars: Wild Space, a novel written by Karen Miller. The Clone Wars: Wild Space was published as the second novel in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars novel series in 2008.
- The Clone Wars: Wild Space (First appearance, simultaneous with The Clone Wars: Wild Space audiobook)
- The Clone Wars: Wild Space audiobook
Notes and references
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. Given this principle, this article makes a similar basic assumption for the Ambrian cheroots in relation to the Ambria system.
- The Clone Wars: Wild Space