- "Right. We encountered Imperial forces on the Govneh Ridge—it's a, like a plate shift where the ground bulges, and these tall crystals grow alongside it, and the Imperials were…they were waiting for us. They came out of nowhere. It was intense. My squad leader, Hachinka, she got it in the neck—a blaster shot hit her and the spray caught me in the face and—"
- ―Private Rorith Khadur recalling the ambush
During the Galactic Civil War, Imperial forces ambushed soldiers of the New Republic at Govneh Ridge on the planet Nag Ubdur. Despite losing a number of men and women, the New Republic was able to capture Govneh Ridge.
During the Age of the Empire, the planet Nag Ubdur was strip-mined by the Galactic Empire for zersium, an ore used in the manufacture of durasteel. Nag Ubdur was home to the Ubdurian species along with many transplanted Keldar and Artiodac refugees. Following the Battle of Endor, the Empire and the New Republic fought for control of the planet. The Empire was unwilling to yield Nag Ubdur due to its vast zersium deposits.
The New Republic Thirty-First, a ground unit of the New Republic army, took part in combat operations on Nag Ubdur. One such skirmish took place at Govneh Ridge, a plate shift where the ground bulged regularly. The Ridge was lined will tall crystals. Imperial forces used the terrain to ambush the Thirty-First. During the fight, Squad leader Hachinka was shot in the neck. Her comrades managed to evacuate her for medical treatment. New Republic forces eventually managed to secure the ridge but lost many men and women.
One of the survivors was the Kupohan New Republic Private Rorith Khadur, who related his account of the battle to the Queen of the Core Network journalist Tracene Kane and the Trandoshan camera-operator Lug. The New Republic Thirty-First later occupied the Ubdurian city of Binjai-Tin only to discover that the Empire had massacred the civilian population. Later, Imperial TIE fighters launched a suicide wave attack on New Republic forces occupying the city.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Aftermath: Life Debt (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Endor to 4 ABY and the events of Shattered Empire 4, which take place three months after the battle, to 5 ABY. Furthermore, the novel Aftermath states that months have passed since the Battle of Endor, while Aftermath: Life Debt begins two months after the end of Aftermath. Therefore, the events of Aftermath: Life Debt begin at least four months after the Battle of Endor, which corresponds to 5 ABY. Additionally, Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Jakku, as depicted in Life Debt's sequel, Aftermath: Empire's End, to 5 ABY as well, thereby firmly placing Aftermath: Life Debt in 5 ABY.